[R] Books

J Dougherty jwd at surewest.net
Mon Jun 19 01:17:30 CEST 2006

On Sunday 18 June 2006 08:27, Anderson de Rezende Rocha wrote:
> Dears,
>
> I saw in the R-project site some R-books. However, I'm new in this
> community and I didn't figure out what are the best books.
>
> Can you suggest me some "reference" books? My intentions with R is
> concerned to Artificial Intelligence simulations, Classification and
> general Statistics (e.g., regression, multivariate regression, etc).

Four books:

- Introductory Statistics with R by Peter Daalgard
- Modern Applied Statistics with S by Venables and Ripley
- Data Analysis and Graphics Using R by Maindonald and Braun
another very useful introductory book is
- Statistics, an Introduction using R by Crawley

You may also want to track down a hard copy of the R manuals.  It comes free
along with R, but the pdf is almost 1400 pages long, so it can be worthwhile
having someone else do the printing and binding.

JDougherty