[R] Display Conditional Probabilities on y-label

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Mon Jun 19 19:17:02 CEST 2006

The trick is not to paste expressions but to make an expression of the
pastes:

composite.expression <- expression(paste("f(x | ", alpha, ", ", beta, " )"))

dev.off()
par(mar=c(5,5,1,1)+0.1)

plot(NA,xlim=c(0,1),
ylim=c(0,3),xlab="x",ylab=composite.expression,lwd=3,type="l",cex.lab=1.3)

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com