[R] Installing bioconductor

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Jun 20 17:16:45 CEST 2006

Hi Kristine,

"Kristine Kleivi" <kristine.kleivi at vtt.fi> writes:
> I been trying to install bioconducter into R using the script on the
> bioconductor home page. However, I get this error message: >
> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R") Error in file(file,
> "r", encoding = encoding) : unable to open connection In addition:
> Warning message: unable to connect to 'www.bioconductor.org' on port
> 80.

Bioconductor has its own mailing lists and issues with BioC
installation, etc are best directed there.
(http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/mailList.html)

> It is maybe due to security systems at my computer that I cannot go
> through this port? Does anyone know how I can change the port in R, so
> I can install the pakages from the bioconductor home page through
> another port?

Most likely, your access to the internet is via a web proxy.  Try
reading the help page for download.packages, there are details there
on how to configure R to connect to the internet via a web proxy.

+ seth