[R] arima fails when called from command line

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Tue Jun 20 21:10:35 CEST 2006

>From: Brian Dolan <buddha_314 at yahoo.com>
>Date: Tue Jun 20 12:54:14 CDT 2006
>To: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
>Subject: [R] arima fails when called from command line

hi : i had a similar problem a few weeks agowhen i was tryin g to use R CMD BATCH ( but when i sourced the copde at the r prompt everything worked fine ). eventually, i fiigured out that it had to do with a read.tale statement having a col.names argument that was too long for the script to handle. if it doesn't read in the data correctly,
this might be causing the arima failed message. that's
just a guess though. someone else may have a better idea.