[R] multivariate splits

Bálint Czúcz elatine at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 11:17:38 CEST 2006

Thanks to everyone for the replies to my question.

There are several good algorithms to make decision trees with
multivariate splits (sometimes called oblique trees), some are even
freeware (QUEST, CRUISE...), but most are not open-sourced.

Unfortunately there seems to be no good choice for oblique trees in R
now. Mvpart seems to be really fancy, although it cannot handle splits
on the linear combination of the covariates. Rweka might be useful,
but it still takes some time for me to get used to its "language".
I'll see where I get.

Thanks again and bye:
Bálint

--