[R] legend title in effects plot

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Jun 22 20:27:37 CEST 2006

Dear Viktor,

I didn't anticipate that someone would want to remove the legend title,
and so I didn't make allowance for this. More generally, there are so
many different ways of plotting effects that it's hard to anticipate
what people will want to do, and I intended the effect plots that are
produced by plot.effect() to be primarily for data analysis rather than
as presentation graphs.

Two suggestions: (1) You could modify effects:::plot.effect to do what
you want; or (2) you could simply use the information in the effect
object to make a custom plot.

I hope that this helps,
 John