[R] "improvements" in RSiteSearch

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Fri Jun 23 04:45:33 CEST 2006

I've made a few changes in the indices in my R search site.
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu is the general URL, and RSiteSearch
takes you to
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/search.html, which is equivalent to
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/nmz.html.

The main change is that I have eliminated "Previous message" and
if it exists, and replys.)  These no longer get indexed by the
search engine (Namazu).  As a result, search should be a bit less
slow and the lower items in the list should be less irrelevant.

The down side of all this is that specific reference to other
messages has been broken for the last two days.  Please try not
to refer to other message as Rhelp02a.new or tmp/Rhelp02a.  They
should be just Rhelp02a, and they will be.

To fix this, I need to re-build the mailing list index.  I plan
to do this about 01:00 UTC (2 AM in London, 9 PM in Philadelphia)
tomorrow night (June 23/24).  Things may not work for a couple of
hours around that time.  The old message numbers will be
preserved, however, as Rhelp02a.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron