[R] frechet distance

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Jun 23 04:52:01 CEST 2006

	  RSiteSearch("Frechet distance") returned only one hit for me just
now, and that was for a Frechet distribution, as you mentioned.  Google
found "www.cs.concordia.ca/cccg/papers/39.pdf", which suggests that
computing it may not be easy.

	  If you'd like more help from this listserve, I can offer two
suggestions:

	  1.  If you absolutely need the Frechet distance and you can describe
an algorithm for computing it but get stuck writing a function for it,
please submit another question outlining what you've tried and that
obstacle you've found.

	  2.  Alternatively, you might describe the more general problem you
are trying to solve, why you thought the Frechet distance might help and
invite alternative suggestions.

	  Hope this helps.
	  Spencer Graves