[R] integrate

Rogério Rosa da Silva rogeriorosas at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 14:12:41 CEST 2006

Dear All,

My doubt about how to integrate a simple kernel density estimation goes on.

I have seen the recent posts on integrate density estimation, which seem
similar to my question. However, I haven't found a solution.

I have made two simple kernel density estimation by:

    kde.1 <-density(x, bw=sd(x), kernel="gaussian")$y     # x<- c(2,3,5,12)
    kde.2 <-density(y, bw=sd(y), kernel="gaussian")$y     # y<- c(4,2,4,11)

Now I would like to integrate the difference in the estimated density
values, i.e.:

    diff.kde <- abs (kde.1- kde.2)

How can I integrate diff.kde over -Inf to Inf ?

Best,

Rogério