[R] problem with "code/documentation mismatch"

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fz-rossendorf.de
Fri Jun 23 14:44:42 CEST 2006

I have a package with a division method for special objects of class
"RoidataList", i.e. the function is named `/.RoidataList'.
documentation for this is in the file "Divide.RoidataList".

R CMD CHECK complains with:

=================cut======================
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... WARNING
Functions/methods with usage in documentation object
'Divide.RoidataList' but not in code:
   /

* checking Rd \usage sections ... WARNING
Objects in \usage without \alias in documentation object
'Divide.RoidataList':
   /
=================cut======================

the `usage' section in the Rd file reads

\usage{
    x/y
}

which, of course is the desired way to use the function.
what am I doing wrong, i.e. how should I modify the Rd file?
maybe obvious, but not to me.

joerg van den hoff