[R] PowerPoint

Marc Schwartz (via MN) mschwartz at mn.rr.com
Fri Jun 23 17:52:32 CEST 2006

Has anyone tried this with OO.org's Impress or Writer on Windows to see
if the same behavior occurs?

My recollection from prior experience on Windows (it's been a while) is
that a subtle resize takes place when pasting/importing graphics into
the aforementioned apps. You can right click on the graphic in the app
and then select "Original Size" or something worded similarly on the
graphic object formatting dialog window. Not sure if that is enough to
get the lines back or if one has to go slightly larger than the original
size to resolve the issue.

It also seems to me that there was some behavior on the R Windows
graphic device relative to re-sizing the plot region and then doing the
metafile copy and paste, but it has been long enough that my memory may
not be intact (which my wife would suggest anyway....  ;-).

HTH,

Marc Schwartz