[R] rearranging data frame rows

Bojanowski, M.J. (Michal) M.J.Bojanowski at fss.uu.nl
Fri Jun 23 18:38:24 CEST 2006

Hi Fede,

How about using merge()? For example:

n <- letters[1:10]
d1 <- data.frame( n=n, x1=rnorm(10) )
d2 <- data.frame( n=sample(n), x2=rnorm(10))
d1
d2
merge(d1,d2)

Is this what you had in mind?

HTH,

Michal

============
Hi All,

I have two data frames. The first contains data about a number of
individuals,
coded in the first column with a name, in an order I find convenient.

The second contains different data about the same indivduals, in a
different
order. Both data frame have the individual names in the first column.

I need to reorder the second data frame so the rows are rearranged in
the same
manner as the fist. How?

I cannot turn the individual names in a numeric vairable with
as.numeric(data1[,1]), because the two data frames are subset of
different data,
so the the factor levels are way off between the two. I think I need to
actually
use the names as a index.

Cheers,

Fede