[R] Producing png plot in batch mode

vittorio vdemart1 at tin.it
Sat Jun 24 17:52:18 CEST 2006

SorThanks for the reply!!!.ry for my being so lazy and thanks a lot for your
kind replies.....

 Well, I tried to install GDD  under freebsd (this time I read cafrefully the
package docs and checked if the required libgd and
freetype2 were installed and they were) BUT there's
something wrong with  "Makevars":

NbBSD# R CMD INSTALL GDD_0.1-8.tar.gz
* Installing *source* package 'GDD' ...
checking for gcc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for string.h... (cached) yes
checking sys/time.h usability... yes
checking sys/time.h presence... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for GNU libc compatible malloc... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking for memset... yes
checking for mkdir... yes
checking for rmdir... yes
checking for gdlib-config... /usr/local/bin/gdlib-config
libgd-flags according to gdlib-config:
   -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lgd
if that is not correct, fix your gd installation
checking gd.h usability... yes
checking gd.h presence... yes
checking for gd.h... yes
checking for gdImageCreateFromPng in -lgd... yes
checking usability of FreeType in GD... yes
checking whether GD programs can be compiled... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating src/Makevars
config.status: creating src/gddconfig.h
** libs
"Makevars", line 2: Need an operator
"Makevars", line 4: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
chmod: /usr/local/lib/R/library/GDD/libs/*: No such file or directory
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'GDD'
** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/library/GDD'

What should I do?

Vittorio