[R] compare odds ratios

array chip arrayprofile at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 20:22:14 CEST 2006

Hi dear all, I haven't heard any suggestions on how to
tackle the problem in my previous email yet. I
searched on google and was not getting any useful
information yet. I did get someone from google groups
suggesting Cockran Mantel Haenszel test with each
subject as the stratum. But as far as I understand,
CMH test is to test whether the common odds ratio
(assuming odds ratios across stratum are equal) is
equal to 1, not really the question I was asking which
was whether the 2 odds ratios were equal (doesn't
matter if they are equal to 1). Also, someone
suggested loglinear regression, but I am not sure
either how to set things up for my problem.

One clarification to my original email: the 2
diagnostic tests were performed on the set set of
patients, the issue here how to test whether the 2
odds ratios for the 2 diagnostic tests are equal.

Here is a hypothetical dataset, for example:

dat<-cbind(disease=sample(c(rep(1,15),rep(0,20))),test1=sample(c(rep(1,11),rep(0,24))),test2=sample(c(rep(1,14),rep(0,21))))

Hope some statistical experts would guide me some
directions. Many thanks