[R] Possible to get a definition of a function from a package to use without invoking the package?

Waichler, Scott R Scott.Waichler at pnl.gov
Tue Jun 27 20:55:08 CEST 2006

Hi,

I often use the mod() and instring() functions that are available in the
clim.pact package.  This package has a lot of dependencies, including
installation of netCDF, and I haven't yet been able to get
library(clim.pact) to work on a Mac OS 10.4.6.  A previous request for
help with the Mac problem yielded no results, so now I wonder if I could
just extract the definitions for the couple of functions that I need and
save them in my own file of R functions.  I'm pretty sure that mod() and
instring() are very basic and don't have any exotic dependencies.  I did
find an alternative mod() in the new matlab package, and that's fine.
Now I just need another way to get the instring() functionality.

Thanks,
Scott Waichler
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
scott.waichler _at_ pnl.gov