[R] supplying dynamic main argument to plot?

Francisco J. Zagmutt gerifalte28 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 27 23:01:05 CEST 2006

Hi Dave,

Try using paste within main i.e.

x=rnorm(100)
y=runif(100)
k=sample(1:10,10, replace=T)

for(i in k){
  plot(x,y, xlab="gamma", ylab="r1", main=paste("Patient", i, sep=" "))
  Sys.sleep(1)
  }

In this eaxmple I am just plotting the same x,y values on each figure but
you can easily plot the observations for each patient by subetting your data
by the K variable. See ?"[" for more details on subsetting.

I hope this helps

Francisco

Dr. Francisco J. Zagmutt
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Colorado State University