[R] distribution of daily rainfall values in binned categories

Francisco J. Zagmutt gerifalte28 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 05:51:31 CEST 2006

Hi Etienne,

Somebody asked a somehow related question recently.
http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/06/06/29485.html

Take a look at cut? table? and barplot?
i.e.
#Creates fake data from uniform(0,30)

x=runif(50, 0,30)

#Creates categories
rain=cut(x,breaks=c( 0, 1,2.5,5, 10, 20, Inf))

#Creates contingency table of categories
tab=table(rain)

#Plots frequencies of rainfall
barplot(tab)

I hope this helps!

Francisco

Dr. Francisco J. Zagmutt
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Colorado State University