[R] compare odds ratios

Smith, Daniel (DHS-DEODC-EHIB) DSmith2 at dhs.ca.gov
Wed Jun 28 18:44:39 CEST 2006

You could try a test for heterogeneity of the odds ratios, usually part
of a Mantel-Haenszel analysis, with each test as a stratum.  Also, the
field of meta-analysis has tests for heterogeneity of estimates.  Both
are covered in Rothman and Greenland's Modern Epidemiology (1998) text,
Chapters 15 and 32 respectively.

Daniel Smith
Environmental Health Investigations Branch
California Department of Health Services

cbind(disease=sample(c(rep(1,15),rep(0,20))),test1=sample(c(rep(1,11),re
p(