[R] R project question (SEM)

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Wed Jun 28 22:16:30 CEST 2006

Patrick,

You didn't specify what platform or OS you are working on, but whatever you
are using you need to install the sem package before you can use it. For me
on either WinXP Pro or Linux (SuSE10.0), the easient way to install a
package is to start up R and then type

  > install.packages()

This will pop up window to select a package repository.  You will then be
given a list of packages from which to select.  Selected packages will be
download and installed. (You can also install the file you already
downloaded - see the docs)

Then to use the installed package you need to load it with the command

  > library(sem)

You will then be able to use the functions from the sem package.  There is
lots of documentation in the manuals included with the R software.  You
should read them along with the FAQ.  These can all be found with  your R
installation or you can read them on your nearest CRAN mirror.

Hope this is helpful,

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Research and Data Analysis