[R] Extracting R plots from MS Word

Philipp Pagel philipp.pagel.lists at t-online.de
Thu Jun 29 13:38:04 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 05:15:08PM +1200, maj at stats.waikato.ac.nz wrote:
> I am revising a paper that I am a co-author of. The figures are plots
> generated from R but at the moment I do not have the R code that generates
> them.
>
> As this is time critical I would like to slightly abuse the list by asking
> whether anyone knows how to extract from MS Word into a stand-alone
> graphics file a plot that was pasted into Word from R (probably as a
> Windows Metafile, but possibly as a bitmap).

Open the doc file in OpenOffice, save in sxw format (openoffice's old
native format), unpack the file with unzip and find the figure in the
resulting directory.

I'm not sure if and how this works with the new odt format used by
openoffice now, but sxw will work.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel                            Tel.  +49-8161-71 2131
Dept. of Genome Oriented Bioinformatics      Fax.  +49-8161-71 2186

 and

Institute for Bioinformatics / MIPS          Tel.  +49-89-3187 3675
GSF - National Research Center               Fax.  +49-89-3187 3585
      for Environment and Health
Ingolstädter Landstrasse 1
85764 Neuherberg, Germany
http://mips.gsf.de/staff/pagel