[R] GARCH message 75

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Jun 29 17:58:38 CEST 2006

	  For those who "can find no documention on" the "@" operator, "?@"
says it is used to "Extract tbe contents of a slot in a object with a
formal class structure."  "?slot" provides more information, including
some critical references.  The primary reference is Chambers (1998)
Programming with Data (Springer).  This describes the "S 4" standard for
object oriented programming in R.  Additional information can be found
in a chapter of Venables and Ripley (2000) S Programming (Springer).

	  When I read Chambers a few years ago, I found it very difficult,
partly because of the inconsistencies between what Chambers described
and what was actually implemented in versions of S-Plus and to which I
had access at the time.  That may have improved since then.

	  Hope this helps,
	  Spencer Graves