[R] Running R

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jun 30 15:34:36 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 07:56:41AM -0500, Pramod Anugu wrote:
> Does any one have solution for R not running? I am getting the error
> message. Please Advice.

Yes, you have emailing the group fairly regularly about your troubles.

And you have been told just about each and every time to *check the output
of the configure step*.  Unless that step concludes with all relevant pieces
found, *there is no point in resuming with steps 5 to 9*.

As you are emailing from an educational institution, consider getting local
help about configuring and compiling software.  Building R is *extensively
documented in a dedicated manual* but the manual may need someone with more
familiarity with the process than you currently have.

Good luck, and consider to stop sending the *same* email to the list every
couple of days.

Dirk

> Thanks
>
> ?
>  ? 1. gunzip  R-patched.tar.gz
>    2. tar -xvf R-patched.tar
> ?? 3. changed the directory to the newly created directory R-patched
> ?? 4. Typed ./configure
> ? ?5. Typed make
> ?? 6. Make check
> ?? 7. make check-all
> ?? 8. Typed make install
> ?? *9. Typed R
> # R
> Fatal error: unable to open the base package

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison