[R] Default lag.max in ACF

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue Mar 28 06:48:02 CEST 2006

	  I don't know why the default lag.max is 10*log10(N/m) for m series.
The "acf" help page includes the following:

Author(s):

      Original: Paul Gilbert, Martyn Plummer. Extensive modifications
      and univariate case of 'pacf' by B.D. Ripley.

	  I've copied these three contributors on this email.  With luck, one
of them will enlighten us both.

	  Best Wishes,
	  spencer graves