[R] repeated measures ANOVA

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 1 05:28:01 CET 2006

There was a mistake in my earlier note, that I should correct:

"
   (Or you can estimate the interaction, and no degrees of freedom are
   left for either the time or time:group random effect).  All you
can talk
                         ^^^^^^^
   about is the average and the difference of the time effects for these
   two specific groups.
"

There is no problem with the time random effect; that can be estimated
from the within group variation in slopes, between subjects.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
phone : +61 2 (6125)3473    fax  : +61 2(6125)5549
Mathematical Sciences Institute, Room 1194,
John Dedman Mathematical Sciences Building (Building 27)
Australian National University, Canberra ACT 0200.