[R] obtaining means/SD after fitting a mixed model

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Mar 2 04:08:55 CET 2006

	  Have you consulted Pinheiro and Bates (2000) Mixed-Effects Models in
S and S-Plus (Springer)?  The MASS function "glmmPQL" translates the
problem into approximate "gaussian" terms and passes the translation
into "lme".  Therefore, I would expect much of what appears in Pinheiro
and Bates to be accessible to you.

	  If you would like more help from this listserve, please submit
another question.  Please be advised, however, that there is a fairly
high correlation between the speed and utility of the responses on the
one hand and the clarity of the question on the other.  If you would
like to increase your chances of getting a useful answer quicker, I
encourage you to PLEASE read the posting guide!
"www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html", especially the part about
supplying a simple, self-contained example:  Vague questions get vague
answers (if any).  Simple, clear questions are more likely to get
simple, clear and immediate answers.

	  spencer gravesd