[R] Optimization problem: selecting independent rows to maximizethe mean

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Mar 5 00:15:55 CET 2006

	  Regarding multi-object optimization, I just got 0 hits from
RSiteSearch("multi-objective optimization") and
RSiteSearch("multiobjective optimization").  However, it shouldn't be
too difficult to write a wrapper function to blend other functions
however you would like, then use "optim" or "nlminb" or one of the other
optimizers in R.

	  I don't feel qualified to even comment on '"difficult" (i.e. NP-hard)
problems'.

	  hope this helps,
	  spencer graves