[R] R for Windows GUI front-end has encountered a problem

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Mar 7 08:30:46 CET 2006

Nantachai Kantanantha wrote:

> Hi,
> Thank you very much for your reply.
> The modeil is about estimating nonparametric regression parameters which
> incorporates large dimensionality compared to the number of observations.

So is this a statistical problem correpsonding to collinearity and
degrees of freedom rather than an R issue?
Well, at least R should not crash as reported in your former message.
Are you sure you have the most recent version (3.85) of quantreg?

> This may cause the problem that R can run the same model just sometime,
> not always.
> Is there any solution to solve this kind of problem?

Again: we (particularly Roger Koenker, if this is a bug in quantreg)
cannot fix anything if we cannot reproduce the crash.
Therefore, please, please, please specify a reproducible example. That
means some artificial (or real, if not too big) data and the code that
makes R crash.

Uwe Ligges