[R] QCA adn Fuzzy

Adrian DUSA dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 19:13:11 CET 2006

Dear Prof. Gott,

On Monday 06 March 2006 14:37, R Gott wrote:
> Does anybody know of aything that will help me do Quantitiative
> Comparative Analysis (QCA) and/or Fuzzy set analysis??  Or failing that
> Quine?
> ta
> rg
> Prof R Gott
> Durham Univesrity
> UK

There is a package called QCA which (in its first release) performs only
crisp set analysis. I am currently adapting a Graphical User Interface, but
the functions are nevertheless usefull.
For fuzzy set analysis, please consider Charles Ragin's web site
http://www.u.arizona.edu/%7Ecragin/fsQCA/index.shtml
which offers a software (still not complete, though). Also to consider
is a good software called Tosmana (http://www.tosmana.org/) which does
multi-value
QCA.
I am considering writing the inclusion algorithms in the next releases of  my
package, but it is going to take a little while. Any contributions and/or
feedback are more than welcome.

I hope this helps you,
Adrian

--