[R] Degrees of freedom using Box.test()

Patrick Burns pburns at pburns.seanet.com
Wed Mar 8 11:00:30 CET 2006

You are saying that the penalty on the degrees of freedom
should be the same whether the model was fit with 100
observations or 1 million observations.  You are also saying
that some tests should have negative degrees of freedom.
So I don't think your proposal is the right answer, though
presumably there should be some penalty.

There is a working paper on the Burns Statistics website
about robustness in Ljung-Box tests, but this issue is not one
that is covered.

Patrick Burns
patrick at burns-stat.com
+44 (0)20 8525 0696