[R] Unsupervised RandomForest

Rich Jacques stp05rmj at sheffield.ac.uk
Wed Mar 8 15:27:17 CET 2006

Dear all,

I am trying to calculate the proximity matrix for a data set with 16 variables
and 6804 observations using random forests.  I have a Pentium 4, 3.00GHz
processor with 1 GB of RAM.  When I use the command

randomForest(data.scale,proximity=T)

I get the warning message

Error: cannot allocate vector of size 361675 kb

Is this because I have reached the limit of what my computer is capable of? Or
is there a more efficient way to call randomForest?

Thanks in advance,

Rich Jacques

--
Rich Jacques