[R] problem installing RNetCDF

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 9 10:24:11 CET 2006

You forgot to tell us you are running MacOS X.  Looks like a problem with
your compiler installation (and are you using a pre-compiled R from CRAN
and an incompatible compiler?).

The installation procedure is complicated because the system dependencies
need to be checked.  It works well under Unix and not well under Windows.
Some MacOS X users seem to think MacOS X is 'Unix-alike', but it vies with
AIX as being the most extreme outlier in that set.  (For a start, it is
based on BSD, not the Single Unix specification, and no other (recent)
Unix-alike has bundles.)