[R] count pixels of same color in pixmap object?

Christian Jost jost at cict.fr
Thu Mar 9 18:17:06 CET 2006

Dear all,

I try to figure out how to use R to count the number of pixels of the
same color in some gray-level picture. I managed to read it in either
tiff or jpeg format, but the returned pixmap object keeps its
information out of (my) reach. Is there an easy way to tabulate the
different color/graylevel pixels and their numbers? Or should I use a
completely different (free) software?

Thanks for any hint, Christian.
http://cognition.ups-tlse.fr/vas-y.php?id=chj  jost at cict.fr
Christian Jost                                   (PhD, MdC)
Centre de Recherches sur la Cognition Animale
Universite Paul Sabatier, Bat IV R3
118 route de Narbonne
31062 Toulouse cedex 9, France
Tel: +33 5 61 55 64 37   Fax: +33 5 61 55 61 54