[R] interrupted time series analysis using ARIMA models

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Mar 10 04:41:47 CET 2006

	  I'm familiar with Box and Tiao (1975) intervention analysis;  I
studied time series under Box and Tiao.  I don't know how to do that in
R, but there must be a way.  Have you looked at the 'dse' bundle?  That
comes with vignettes that make it relatively easy to learn (or at least
to learn the capabilities covered in the vignettes).  The models you
want may not be identified by the names with which you are familiar, but
I believe they are probably available.  If you try that and still have
questions, I suggest you consult the posting guide
(www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html) for help in crafting another
question that may attract quicker and more useful replies.

	  I also highly recommend the "zoo" package.  It won't help you solve
the problem you mentioned, but it might help you keep time stamps with
your data.  It, too, has a vignette to help people learn the capabilities.

	  hope this helps.
	  spencer graves