[R] Plot.date and legends

Petr Pikal petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Mar 10 16:05:30 CET 2006

Hi

Why plot.date? I wonder if plot() did not work too.
Did not you get error with as.date? Probably as.Date was intended and
formating forgotten.

Legend requires some positioning from user's side and you can use
either

legend(xposition, yposition, legend="whatever you want to put here",
....)

where xposition and yposition are usually numeric values
see also ?xy.coords
or

legend("text of position", legend="whatever you want to put here",
....)

where text of position is one of texts mentioned in error you have
got.

from help page
The location may also be specified by setting x to a single keyword
from the list "bottomright", "bottom", "bottomleft", "left",
"topleft", "top", "topright", "right" and "center". This places the
legend on the inside of the plot frame at the given location. Partial
argument matching is used. The optional inset argument specifies how
far the legend is inset from the plot margins. If a single value is
given, it is used for both margins; if two values are given, the
first is used for x- distance, the second for y-distance.

HTH
Petr