[R] Linux editor like WinEdt?

Rau, Roland Rau at demogr.mpg.de
Fri Mar 10 18:17:18 CET 2006

Hi,

> I initiate in R - Linux and I've some problems to find an
> editor with R
> interface as like RWinEdt for WinEdt.
>
> Anyone know one?

a good interface, for sure, is Emacs[1] (or XEmacs[2]) in conjunction
with ESS[3]. The problem is, however, that it takes a while and some
commitment to get going. But I can asure you that it is worth the effort
(and I am also still learning more and more new features).
An editor which provides at least syntax highlighing is Kate [4].

Is anyone using vi for R?

Best,
Roland

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html
[2] http://www.xemacs.org/
[3] http://ess.r-project.org/
[4] http://kate.kde.org/

+++++
This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Rese...{{dropped}}