[R] Linux editor like WinEdt?

Stefano Calza stecalza at tiscali.it
Fri Mar 10 18:40:59 CET 2006

What about Tinn-R?

www.sciviews.org (but the "correct" link is the R site)

It's free and with a lot of interesting features.

Afaik, no latex and for windows only.

I'll spend some hours to get used to *emacs though...it'll pay off!!

My 2 cents

Stefano

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 06:17:18PM +0100, Rau, Roland wrote:
<Rau,>Hi,
<Rau,>
<Rau,>>
<Rau,>> I initiate in R - Linux and I've some problems to find an
<Rau,>> editor with R
<Rau,>> interface as like RWinEdt for WinEdt.
<Rau,>>
<Rau,>> Anyone know one?
<Rau,>
<Rau,>a good interface, for sure, is Emacs[1] (or XEmacs[2]) in conjunction
<Rau,>with ESS[3]. The problem is, however, that it takes a while and some
<Rau,>commitment to get going. But I can asure you that it is worth the effort
<Rau,>(and I am also still learning more and more new features).
<Rau,>An editor which provides at least syntax highlighing is Kate [4].
<Rau,>
<Rau,>Is anyone using vi for R?
<Rau,>
<Rau,>Best,
<Rau,>Roland
<Rau,>
<Rau,>
<Rau,>
<Rau,>[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html
<Rau,>[2] http://www.xemacs.org/
<Rau,>[3] http://ess.r-project.org/
<Rau,>[4] http://kate.kde.org/
<Rau,>
<Rau,>This mail has been sent through the MPI for Demographic Rese...{{dropped}}
<Rau,>