[R] Layout, xyplot and saving in file

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 17:37:18 CET 2006

On 3/11/06, Jean-Louis Abitbol <abitbol at sent.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to use layout with xyplot and save the plot in a file.
>
> The saved file contains only the last panel (used jpg, wmf and pdf
> options in the savePlot function)

Don't do that; instead, use the device functions directly. For example,

pdf(file = "test.pdf")
print(test)
dev.off()

> I am not familiar with the graphic file formats and don't know if they
> can handle multipage output.

Multiple page support depends on the device, e.g. pdf() does, jpeg()
doesn't. Look at the respective help pages for details (and ?Devices
for an overview). Also look at ?trellis.device for pertinent comments.

-Deepayan