[R] how to load files from a directory?

Simon Knapp sleepingwell at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 12:26:15 CET 2006

file.names <- c("table1", "table2") #using fully qualified names
table.list <- list()
i <- 0
for(table.name in table.names) {
    i <- i+1
    table.list[[i]] <- read.table(table.name)
}

Note the double sqare brackets. Use them also when accessing elements
to have them returned as data.frames (single brackets would return a
list of length 1 with the data frame being the only element)