[R] Ordination of feature film data question

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 13 08:50:02 CET 2006

`Ordination' is ecologists' terminology for multidimensional scaling.
You will find worked examples in MASS (the book, see the R FAQ), and the
two most commonly used functions, isoMDS and sammon, in MASS the package.

In your example, the main issue is going to be to choose an appropriate
dissimilarity measure, and dist() (in stats) and daisy() in package
cluster will give you a good start.