[R] need help in tune.nnet

Tuszynski, Jaroslaw W. JAROSLAW.W.TUSZYNSKI at saic.com
Tue Mar 14 20:40:08 CET 2006

You use tune function to find optimal parameters needed for particular
classification algorithm. I had more experience with tune.svm but, I
would try first to put parameters covering the whole possible range of
each variable (in which algorithm do not crash), for example c(4^-2,
4^-1, 4^0, 4^1, 4^2) look at the results and than narrow down the search
in the best ranges. For allowed ranges of parameters you will need to
experiment or study documentation of your chosen classifier (nnet).

Jarek Tuszynski