[R] "renaming" dataframe1 using "column" names from dataframe2?

bogdan romocea br44114 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 17:56:06 CET 2006

?assign, but _don't_ use it; lists are better.
dfr <- list()
for(j in 1:9) {
  dfr[[as.character(j)]] <- ...
  }
Don't try to imitate the limited macro approach of other software
(e.g. SAS). You can do all that in R, but it's much simpler and much
safer to rely on list indexing and functions that return values
(rather than create objects).