[R] (OT) about the posting guide

Romain Francois francoisromain at free.fr
Mon Mar 20 15:58:26 CET 2006

Hi,

I don't blame anybody (i'm guilty too), but have we forget the section
'Responding to other post' in the posting guide.

The recent thread 'hist-data without plot' is a good example of a very
simple question, isn't it ?
The poster got responses in 33, 35, 35, 36, 37 and 40 minutes (according
to my thunderbird)

The probability for that to happen is quite small :
R> prod(punif(c(40, 37, 35, 36, 35, 33) / 60, min=0, max=4))
[1] 1.127059e-05

I am on my way to a fresh reading of the posting guide.

Best regards,

Romain
*
*