[R] RGui: windows-record and command history

Thomas Steiner finbref.2006 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 13:35:04 CET 2006

a) How can I set the recording of all windows()-history forever to
"true"? I want something like windows(record = TRUE) but not just for
the window that opens then, but for all windows I will open ever.

b) Scrolling up in RGui (windows 2000) to see past commands is nice,
but: Is it possible to type eg "wi" and the "arrow up" and see the
last command that started with "wi" (like windows()). I know this
feature from Matlab (Uops, one of the forbidden words here? ;) ) and
it's nice to have it.

Thomas