[R] comparative density estimates

Michael Friendly friendly at yorku.ca
Fri Mar 24 15:04:50 CET 2006

Thanks, Achim

The cdplot is quite interesting too, though it answers a slightly
different question and seems to finess the bandwidth question
(maybe not a bad thing).

Here's a similar plot, fleshed out as my others:

Where <- factor(c(rep("North America", length(sub1)),
                   rep("Europe", length(sub2))))
Year <- c(sub1, sub2)
cdplot(where ~ year, bw = "sj")

cdplot(Where ~ Year, bw = "sj", col=gray.colors(2,start=.7),
	main="Milestones: Place of development"
	)
abline(v= ref, lty=3, col="blue")
laby<- 0.6 + 0.05 * c(0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 3, 5, 2)
text(labx, laby, labels=txt1, cex=1.2, xpd=TRUE)
rug(sub1, quiet=TRUE, col="red", side=3)
rug(sub2, quiet=TRUE)

This also solves the little problem I had with offsetting
the two rug plots (so as not to rely on color).

But I wonder why my main= title does not appear.

-Michael