[R] [OT] colors in a LaTex doc

David Whiting david.whiting at ncl.ac.uk
Sat Mar 25 06:30:56 CET 2006

Hi Erin,

On Fri, 2006-03-24 at 17:36 -0600, Erin Hodgess wrote:
> Dear R People:
>
> I know that this is COMPLETELY off topic.
>
> Does anyone know how to put colors into a LaTex document, please?
> This is LaTex via WinEdt.
>
> I can get colors via PcTex but not in WinEdt.

I'm not a user of WinEdt but I guess it should be the same regardless of
the editor you use. Just use the color package.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{color}

\begin{document}

Some colourful examples.
\color{green} Now everything is green.
\color{black} And now everything is black again.
This is \textcolor{blue}{some blue text}.

\end{document}

Take a look at this page for an overview:

http://tex.loria.fr/graph-pack/grf/grf.htm#Q1-1-21

Note that this uses named colours for dvi output. Many of these will not
necessarily work if you want PDF output. I often define my own colours.

Dave