[R] Reading an Rconsole file

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Mar 28 20:16:41 CEST 2006

I've just committed some code to R-devel (currently the "alpha" version
of 2.3.0) to allow users in the Windows Rgui to load settings from an
Rconsole file while R is running.  Currently this is done through the
Edit|GUI preferences dialog (there's now a "Load" button); if I have
time I'll also add a loadRconsole() function.

This is intended to be used to switch between different Rconsole
settings, e.g. large fonts for a presentation versus regular fonts for
single-user purposes.  Currently it can be done through environment
variables, but those are sometimes hard to manage; this should be simpler.

As we're now in the alpha phase coming up to the 2.3.0 release, I'd
really appreciate it if users would test this (and all other new
features; see the NEWS and CHANGES files).  The alpha releases are being
built daily and are available on CRAN.  This feature should show up in
the Mar 29 build.

Duncan Murdoch