[R] S-PLUS 8 beta program [repost]

David Smith dsmith at insightful.com
Wed Mar 29 23:38:14 CEST 2006

The GPL code is available as separately-downloaded packages for S-PLUS, as
has been done for many years. My own Oswald library for S-PLUS was published
under the GPL in 1997, for example, and many other authors produce
open-source libraries for S-PLUS under a variety of licenses.  The only
difference is that they will be packaged as, well, packages rather than
libraries.

# David Smith

--
David M Smith <dsmith at insightful.com>
Senior Product Manager, Insightful Corp, Seattle WA

Insightful Corporation (www.insightful.com) provides analytical solutions for
text and data using S-PLUS, Insightful Miner, InFact and consulting services.