[R] why does lmer not give p valuses for quasibinomial family?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Mar 31 04:04:59 CEST 2006

	  Please provide a replicatable example.  Consider the following:

 > library(lme4)
 > library(mlmRev)
 > fit1q <- lmer(use~1+(1|district), data=Contraception,
family=quasibinomial)
 > fit2q <- lmer(use~age+(1|district), data=Contraception,
family=quasibinomial)
Data: Contraception
Models:
fit1q: use ~ 1 + (1 | district)
fit2q: use ~ age + (1 | district)
       Df     AIC     BIC  logLik  Chisq Chi Df Pr(>Chisq)
fit1q  2  2538.5  2549.6 -1267.2
fit2q  3  2537.9  2554.7 -1266.0 2.5254      1     0.1120

	  hope this helps,
	  spencer graves