[R] can R be run without installation on to a computer

Bob Green bgreen at dyson.brisnet.org.au
Fri Mar 31 22:45:48 CEST 2006

I have been trying for a year to get approval to install R on a work
computer and am not optimistic of a positive reply in the near future. I
was considering whether an option might be to run R from a CD/USB stick.  I
looked through the installation manual but could see no mention of this option.

If it is possible to run R from a CD or a USB stick without installation to
a computer, I would appreciate direction to information or advice on how
this might be done,

Any assistance is appreciated,

regards

Bob Green