[R] Writing responses to the R-Help list

Farrel Buchinsky fjbuch at gmail.com
Tue May 2 22:16:20 CEST 2006

"Farrel Buchinsky" <fbuchins at wpahs.org> wrote in message
news:BC8F555F81DA87459A3C8B4752ABD8892D3FCC at WPAHSEMAIL.pgh.wpahs.org...
>A while back Gabor Grothendieck suggested that I try
> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.general. This was after I asked
> how
> to easily reply to posts on the listserve. Ideally I would like the
> functionality that I find in Microsoft Outlook Express newsreader for
> usenet
> groups or what I find in Google Groups.

Emboldened by my ability to get the r-help mailing on my Outlook newsreader
(see within this thread), I tried to see if I could get it on Google Groups.
http://groups.google.com/ There I typed "comp lang gmane" into the directory
search box and found
comp.lang.c++ -

comp.lang.python -

comp.lang.ruby -

comp.lang.c++.perfometer -

I think they are all on Usenet. I will be the first to confess that I do not
really have a jot of a clue how Usenet relates to gmane and mailing lists,
OR NOT. Needles to say let me ask a questions so loaded with a naiveté that
only I would ask it. "Why can I not get R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch mailing
list on Google Groups?" And whatever the answer is to that question, how
does one negate it? I would love to be able to get the mailing list on
Google Groups or its mirror gmane.comp.lang.r.general.

--
Farrel Buchinsky, MD
Pediatric Otolaryngologist